Friday, March 28, 2008

Spring Hasn't Yet Arrived - However It Is On Order!


I looked out the window early today and saw about 3 inches of snow. Hmm! Not unusual for this time of year but also not very welcomed. I decided to post the following poem because it expresses how most people feel at the end of winter and standing on the threshold of spring. Hope you enjoy it!


Goodbye My Winter Suit
By N. M. Bodecker

Goodbye my winter suit,
Goodbye my hat and boot,
Goodbye my ear-protecting muffs
And storms that hail and hoot.

Farewell to snow and sleet,
Farewell to Cream of Wheat,
Farewell to ice-removing salt
And slush around my feet.

Right on to daffodils,
Right on to whippoorwills,
Right on to chirp-producing eggs
And baby birds and quills.

The day is on the wing,
The kite is on the string,
The sun is where the sun should be -
It's spring all right! It's spring!

No comments: